Thursday, January 22, 2009

Active Duty....

Ben left today for OCS (officer candidate school) where they will train him to become an officer. He is training in Alabama for 8 weeks, two weeks less then basic training he did in April. I am very sad my husband and father is gone. I thought it would be easier this time but it is not. I now know what to expect (1) I just miss him.(2) I hate being alone. (3) I am full full time mom. Which can be tough sometimes, you get tired of changing all the diapers, bathing and all the other thing that include taking care of two kids. (4) Taking care of the house and car problems.(5)Seeing him play with the kids. All his silly games,while I try to make dinner. (6) Hearing the motorcycle coming down the street and the kids yelling "open the garage daddies home". I am always so proud of Ben. He makes me want to be a better person. I know that he didn't leave us to go on vacation, he will be working very hard. So I need to stay strong for him and work just as hard for him and I will make it again through these eight weeks because I have something to look forward to, him coming home.



I am happy to have my house back....

Ben had army stuff everywhere. He took a lot more stuff then last time.






5 comments:

annie said...

I'm sorry that you have to go through 8 weeks of seperation. I had a hard time when Neal was driving over the road and I didn't have any kids to take care of so I can only imagine how you must feel. I'll put you in my prayers. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

clintandmegtucker said...

That would be so hard! Trish you are so strong. I hope the 8 weeks goes by really fast. We love ya and are thinking about you!

Team Sullivan said...

We are so proud of Ben but you get a big high five too.

Ashlee said...

Good job on the post! YOu said it all! We'll miss Ben and pray for him. We are going up for a visit and to pick up the puppy over President's Day weekend. So we'll see you in Elk town. The kids can't wait to play.

Cardalls said...

That is tough to be separated for that long! Please let us know if we can help you out.