Sunday, August 17, 2008

We are a real family now

We got our first pet……

It was Friday night, the kids and I had been home all day. When Ben got home I was thinking of something fun to do with the kids. The kids had each received ten dollars for there birthdays from family. So we went to the famous Wal-Mart to let the kids pick a toy. I walked up and down the isle with Bella touching all the babies and princess Barbie’s. We found a princess Barbie that she loved and Ben found a Motorcycle for Gus. We were going to the check out when we walked past the fish. So we took the kids over to look at them and they loved them. Bella no longer wanted her Barbie she wanted fish. So we got two ten cent fish, a fish bowl, and food for Bella’s ten dollars. Bella has done very well with taking care of the fish. I am happy to teach her responsibly. The fishes names are DROP DEAD FRED AND BARBIE RAPZUEL.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look how happy she is holding those fish! I want a pet! The other night we saw kittens crossing the road and I told Garrett to hop out and get one for me, but he said we have to wait until we move into our house.

Melanie S. said...

You are way nicer than me! I tell the girls that Jack is our pet! and we can't get another one until he is potty trained! HAHA!
I really hope that drop dead fred doesn't live up to his name!

Broderick Clan said...

How fun! I really like the names of the fish! What a great mom you are!

Ashlee said...

OHhhh, our first pet was a fish too. I think they died after a month. Hope you have better luck than us!!!!